CoCPN: Cooperative Cyber Physical Networking
PIs: Uwe D. Hanebeck (Karlsruher Institut für Technologie), Martina Zitterbart (Karlsruher Institut für Technologie)
The project Cooperative Cyber-Physical Networking (CoCPN) is a joint research project by Prof. Uwe D. Hanebeck and Prof. Martina Zitterbart in Control Theory and Informatics. Cyber-physical systems (CPS) in future smart factories will be likely interconnected by multi-functional networks. The goal of the project CoCPN is to investigate a novel cooperative approach for an integrated operation of control systems and communication system in such environments. We envision that both, the control system as well as the communication system can react adaptively to changes in the current situation. The project CoCPN aims to provide a flexible framework for cyber-physical networks that can cope with different types of traffic, does not need network overprovisioning, and enables control loops to sustain a high quality of control without hard realtime requirements regarding the communication system.
Involved PhD and PostDoc candidates
- Markus Jung: Markus Jung is a research assistant at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) since 2015. His research interests are network security and communication protocols for constrained environments in the Internet of Everything, including Industry 4.0.
- Florian Rosenthal: Florian Rosenthal received his B.Sc. and M.Sc. in Computer Science in 2014 and 2016, respectively, both from the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Germany. Since October 2016, he has been with the Intelligent Sensor-Actuator-Systems Laboratory (ISAS), headed by Prof. Dr.-Ing Uwe D. Hanebeck, at the Institute for Anthropomatics and Robotics at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Germany.
- Florian Rosenthal, Benjamin Noack, Uwe D. Hanebeck: State Estimation in Networked Control Systems With Delayed And Lossy Acknowledgments, Proceedings of the 2017 IEEE International Conference on Multisensor Fusion and Integration for Intelligent Systems (MFI 2017), Daegu, Republic of Korea, November, 2017.
- Markus Jung, Florian Rosenthal, Martina Zitterbart: Poster Abstract: CoCPN-Sim: An Integrated Simulation Environment for Cyber-Physical Systems, Proceedings of the 2018 IEEE/ACM Third International Conference on Internet-of-Things Design and Implementation (IoTDI), Orlando, FL, USA, April, 2018 (Best Poster Award Runner-Up).
- Florian Rosenthal, Benjamin Noack, Uwe D. Hanebeck: Scheduling of Measurement Transmission in Networked Control Systems Subject to Communication Constraints, Proceedings of the 2018 American Control Conference (ACC 2018), Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA, June, 2018.
- Florian Rosenthal, Benjamin Noack, Uwe D. Hanebeck: State Estimation in Networked Control Systems with Delayed and Lossy Acknowledgments, Multisensor Fusion and Integration in the Wake of Big Data, Deep Learning and Cyber Physical System, pp. 22–38, Springer International Publishing, Cham, 2018.
- Florian Rosenthal, Markus Jung, Martina Zitterbart, Uwe D. Hanebeck: CoCPN – Towards Flexible and Adaptive Cyber-Physical Systems Through Cooperation, Proceedings of the 2019 16th IEEE Annual Consumer Communications & Networking Conference (CCNC 2019), Las Vegas, USA, January, 2019.
- Florian Rosenthal, Maxim Dolgov, Uwe D. Hanebeck: Sequence-Based Receding Horizon Control Over Networks with Delays and Data Losses (to appear), Proceedings of the 2019 American Control Conference (ACC 2019), Philadelphia, PA, USA, July, 2019.
Related Previous Publications
- Jörg Fischer, Achim Hekler, and U. D. Hanebeck, “State Estimation in Networked Control Systems”, in Proceedings of the 15th International Conference on Information Fusion (Fusion 2012), Singapore, July 2012.
- Maxim Dolgov, Jörg Fischer, and U. D. Hanebeck, “Event-based LQG Control over Networks Subject to Random Transmission Delays and Packet Losses“, in Proceedings of the 4th IFAC Workshop on Distributed Estimation and Control in Networked Systems (NecSys 2013), Koblenz, Germany, September 2013.
- J. Fischer, A. Hekler, M. Dolgov, and U. D. Hanebeck, “Optimal Sequence-Based LQG Control over TCP-like Networks Subject to Random Transmission Delays and Packet Losses”, in Proceedings of the 2013 American Control Conference (ACC 2013), Washington D.C., USA, June 2013.
- M. Dolgov, J. Fischer, and U. D. Hanebeck, “Sequence-based LQG Control with Linear Integral Constraints over Stochastic Networks”, in Proceedings of the 53rd IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC 2014), Los Angeles, California, USA, December 2014.
- M. Dolgov, J. Fischer, and U. D. Hanebeck, ”Infinite-Horizon Sequence-based Networked Control without Acknowledgments”, in Proceedings of the 2015 American Control Conference (ACC 2015), Chicago, Illinois, USA, July 2015.